Sunday, February 2, 2014

None of us liked the leveling of pride

Another comment about this paragraph. No matter how attractive the AA message may be to the new person, it is common knowledge that many if not most reject it out of hand.

As I noted in an earlier post, when I began drinking I liked the effect "produced" by alcohol. It never occurred to me that a similar state of happiness was achievable by hard work. It is not surprising that when confronted by a way out that required effort on my part I wanted nothing to do with it.
That's why it's so critical to notice that Bill starts with this assumption then says "But we saw that it worked on others..." New people need to see the undeniable reality that it works in others. We have an obligation to show that.

No comments:

Post a Comment